Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day 26

Today was a completely wasted day. We could have cut the program short by a day and I would have been home with my beloved family a day earlier.

We parade drilled from 0600 to 0700, had breakfast, and then did basically nothing until 1700. Literally. We had a class on the importance of computer security and how “loose lips sink ships” yadda yadda yadda… And then nothing.

Our flight won athletic flight again – that is three weeks in a row. And our squadron won Squadron of the Week – that is two weeks in a row. That is the most exciting thing I can tell you.

Tonight is Officers’ Club Orientation. That means that the entire class will go to the club at 1900, hear a 45 minute briefing from the commander on the customs of drinking at the O Club, and when he’s done the drinking will commence. I explained that I couldn’t make it, as Shabbos begins at 1938, and I was excused. I offered to walk there (a 20 minute walk) to be with my flight members (and if someone had a pitcher of beer… well, couldn’t hurt!) – and then I realized what a terrible way to spend a Shabbos night. So I am stying home tonight – I’ll learn a little, and then get some sorely needed sleep.

Good Shabbos

No comments:

Post a Comment