Friday, June 25, 2010

Day 20

Another wonderful Shabbos. First of all, wearing by “Big Boy Clothes” made me feel much more in the “spirit of the day.” I went to breakfast and then had a nice, long Shacharis – I sang Hallel, read the Torah and Haftorah out loud… It just felt wonderful. I took a short nap in the morning, and spent most of the day studying. We received 3rd Class status this weekend, which means that we can not only whisper to each other during meals, but on weekends we can go off campus on to the base itself. My whole class decided to go out to dinner at a base club a) because they could, and b) because it was one of our flight members’ birthday. Not only could I not go, but I had planned my second “Old Testatment Bible Study” for 1700. Besides the ROTC kid (who, coincidentally, had off then for services), two Baptist chaplain candidates joined me for a discussion of Korach. It was great! They love it! They suggested that next week we do it after breakfast to avoid all the conflicts; many people told me during the week that they were coming, but then went out to dinner – since breakfast is mandatory, everyone will be around for an 0815 Bible Study. We’ll see how it goes.

Now we have TV priviliges in the Common Area of our dorm. After Shabbos, someone decided to put in “Year One” and we all sat around to watch. Stupidest movie since the dawn of man. But it felt normal watching a movie on a Saturday night…

No comments:

Post a Comment