Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 11

0430 wake up, and still hurting. Once again, I went with my flight out to the PT. However, the trainer forgot to announce that those with a waiver should fall out. So I tried stretching with everyone, only to suffer through excruciating pain. I laid down on my back to ease the pain, and as I lay there a tear rolled down my cheek. I was so sad. I did not come here to sit on the sideline. I came here to do great. I came here to prove to myself that I could do this. I came here to show my kids that it is never too late to reinvent yourself and improve yourself. I came here to make my kids proud of me. And here I am, lying on the floor incapacitated.

The instructor finally realized his mistake, and when I gave him my waiver, he sent me to the gym to do something, anything. Which I didn’t. I went to the medic and told him the Naproxen wasn’t working and that I wanted to see a doctor. We set up a time at the base Medical Group for 7:00 tomorrow.

The day was a boring day of non-stop lectures. The only good news is that my cheer is the talk of the entire class – especially the “Who’s Your Daddy? Papa Flight!” part!! Additionally, we are now offically the “Papa Smurfs!”

I just wrote a new one:

Your momma takes good care of you
Her smile is like the sun

Your grandma feeds you lots of food
Until you weigh a ton

Your grandpa takes you everywhere
He’s always so much fun

But your PAPA’s here to educate
We’ll show you how it’s done

(Flight leader): WHO’S YOUR DADDY?
(Flight): PAPA FLIGHT!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment