Friday, June 25, 2010

Day 18

Boring, boring, boring, boring…

The day started off with a “sleep-in” morning – we woke up at 0450 instead of 0430. No PT today; instead, it was the official weight and height check for tomorrow’s PFA (Physical Fitness Assessment). This is the one that counts. Good news! I lost two inches off my waist (from 36” to 34” – even though I don’t think I was really 36” when I got here three weeks ago - it was just Shabbos bloat) and I lost 5.5 pounds (now, 179.5).

After that we changed into our uniforms and went to breakfast followed by the MOST BORING DAY EVER. Nine hours fo class, seven of which were held in the Boyd Auditorium (as opposed to our classroom with out Flt/CC where it is interactive). There are many names for the Auditorium: Bored Auditorium, the Big Red Bedroom (all trhe chairs are upholstered red)… you get the idea. And the lectures were about the most boring topics possible: how to properly supervise subordinates, how to write assessments, how promotions take place… AAARRGGGHHH!

Tomorrow should be interesting – first of all, it is the first time that the Uniform of the Day is our Blues (the sharp uniform you see in the movies: blue pants, short sleeve blue shirt open at the neck (no tie), shoulder boards, flight cap, and HIGHLY poliched shoes. It will be nice to be out of the heavy ABUs considering it is in the upper 90s and humid every day. Secondly, I have the PFA test, wherein we will see how much better I can do from my first test. I am determined to impress my flight.

I scheduled a “Bible Study” for Saturday afternoon before dinner. Last week I did it, but word had not gotten out; now, all the Chaplains and Chaplain Candidates got the word, and it should be interesting!


No comments:

Post a Comment