Monday, June 6, 2011

Day Twenty Two

For those who followed lat year's blog of my COT experience, and remember it, you may recall that I mentioned that we were addressed by a JAG (military lawyer) on legal issues, and I wrote a scathing review about her. She used foul language, she tried to titillate in, what I thought, was an unprofessional manner, and frankly, wasn't a good teacher.

This morning I walked into class to see my old friend! They brought her in to teach us all the legal issues with which the Chaplains deal, such as Privileged Communication, Law of Armed Conflict, inappropriate relationships... With the exception of her language - which she cleaned up - my observations of last year's presentations remained well-preserved. And we get more of her tomorrow!

We had to come back from lunch in our service dress uniform - that's the blue jacket and tie - for inspection. It wasn't for grade - it was more having to do with the fact that next week we are going to Shaw Air Force Base (up the road) and if we need stuff for our uniforms, that will be the time to get them.
 
After the interminably long class day, I asked a friend to drive me off base to a mail box. When I did the service Sunday morning one of the things we do is take mail the troops want sent home. It seems base mail pickup and processing is very slow, so as a favor to the soldiers, we mail them off base. Afterwards, he dropped me off at the gym... in which the AC was broken. I ran about three miles, and decided to continue the exercise by walking to the Shopette (their name, not mine) to buy some deodorant. It was about a 15 minute walk. And they didn't have spray deodorant. So I walked a little further to the PX, bought my deodorant - and then walked the half hour home. Dripping sweat the whole way.

On the way, I passed the famous car. Every base - around Memorial Day - displays a civilian vehicle in which military personnel were killed. It is meant to sober up the troops to the reality of drunk driving.  I took pictures  for you...





Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment