Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day Twenty Three

I overslept! Well, almost - I normally get up at 0630 and out the door at 0715. We are required to "check-in" to our classroom by 0730, and then go to services. I don't know if I hit the snooze button over and over again, or what - but in my DREAM I was realizing it was late - and I opened my eyes and saw the clock showed 0708! Good thing I took a shower last night!

The day started with two more classes from my LEAST favorite teacher, the JAG. She didn't let me down - when she talked about the Kobe Bryant case, she described the position his victim was in when he raped her. She used the most graphic terms she could when ever she could, and capped it all off with an "S" bomb ("The  supervisor didn't give a s**t, oh, excuse me...") - what a consummate professional.

That was the theme of the day's classes - sexual assault, domestic violence, and finally the chaplain's role in counseling both of these areas. After lunch (during which I watched the final episode of "Heroes" - what an awesome show!) we met privately with our small section teacher (in my case, Ch Hamel) to review work we had done. That was over at 1330... and as the afternoon's teachers were away, we were dismissed!

I went with Ch Tilley to deliver cold drinks to the poor soldiers manning the base gates, and came back to my room to prepare for Shavuot. Chabad here has an interesting way of getting around the fact that Yom Tov doesn't start until 2115 - Reb Hesh invites the whole community to his house for dinner and learning at 1900 - they learn for two hours, and then daven Maariv and make Kiddush - and then continue for all those that want to stay! I'll be teaching tonight...

Chag Sameach - Gut Yontiff - Happy Shavuot!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment