Thursday, June 23, 2011

Day Thirty Eight

Day Four of the field exercise:

I got up at 0530, did my daily ablutions, and got my bags to the van by 0550. The tent was done by 0600, so I went to do the showers with my team. It took us 35 minutes, and the place looked better when we left it than when we got it. At 0630 we had breakfast, and I went to pray. At 0715, the first two chalks left, while the last chalk - my group - stayed behind and waited for the Army to complete their inspection. We got the all clear at 0830 and headed back to the class building. We all smelled pretty funky!

In the classrooms, we wrote up our reports, our 1270s (Chaplain reports), did some last minute stuff, got a final closing brief, and then it was back to the rooms! I had to be sure to get a picture with my awesome RST, the "resurrected" Ray "Pajaskowitz" Pajas!
Ray "Pajaskowitz" Pajas - RST partner extraordinaire!


I got there as fast as I could, as I wanted the laundry - but I was two people too late. That was okay...

The shower was AMAZING!! I could feel layers of funk coming off...

I spent the rest of the day in my room, except for a quick trip to buy a few things I needed (like Scotch, and a service ribbon I was supposed to be wearing on my uniform), as well as some returns to Walmart. At 1740, I went with some friends to meet Ch Hamel at the Flying Saucer, a beer bar in town. We had a blast!

Ch Hamel and I at the Flying Saucer

No comments:

Post a Comment