Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Day Nine


So I was the source of more hilarity at my expense tonight. I’ll get to that in a minute…

We are, theoretically, half way through the Solution-Focused Brief Therapy unit. The instructor is slow and deliberate, but very talented, so it’s worth it. Also, I saw Chaplain Soussan today, and he mentioned that he thinks he won’t be here this Sunday, so I will have the entire Jewish Service to myself! Woohoo!

Tonight, we were invited to the Air Force Chaplain School Commandant’s home for dinner. As a result, we were let out a few minutes early for those of us who wanted to work out. I had a nice 45 minute cardio workout, and then prepared to leave. In my case, that meant “packing” a dinner (well, putting my dinner in a Walmart plastic bag). We drove out to his beautiful home about ½ hour from the base, where we participated in a little ice breaker, after which all were invited to dinner (pulled pork, pulled chicken, Cole slaw, potato salad, baked beans… MMMmmm… I had two Morningstar Farms “Chicken” Patties on deli flats!).

It was during dinner that “it’ happened.  Eight of us were sitting around the kitchen table, having a deep conversation, when suddenly, “All The Single Ladies” by Beyonce, started. We were all looking around, trying to figure it out. They all started looking at me, and I said, “It can’t be me!!”… Then I pulled out my phone, and there it was, blasting from the speakers!! It seems that for our Orlando trip over Pesach, I made a Pandora station for my wife, called “Black Eyed Peas” – somehow, I must have pushed the Pandora button on my Android phone… and the rabbi’s pocket was singing, “All The Single Ladies”!!

I think we all can agree that 3 ½ minutes of laughter was a bit much…

No comments:

Post a Comment